SSC CGL Tier I Exam Pattern Syllabus Mrunal Final Tips 2015 – Model Paper – l Candidates who have passed their graduation or who are appearing in final year are eligible to take part in this exam. As not much time is left in SSC CGL 2015 Tier-I Exam, So in this article we will discuss about how to prepare for SSC CGL (Tier-I) exam, what topics are to be focused more, which topics should be given less time.
SSC CGL exam is scheduled to be held on 9 August, 2015 & 16 August, 2015.
SSC CGL Tier I Exam Pattern Syllabus Mrunal Final Tips 2015 – Model Paper
Exam Process:- SSC Combined Graduate Level exam is 3 Tier process. Exam Process of SSC CGL is as follows:-
- Tier -I — Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
- Tier -II — Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
- Tier -III — Personality Test cum Interview/Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/Document Verification.
SSC CGL Tier-I Exam:- Tier-I Exam is consists of 200 Marks & Total Time Duration for this exam is 2 Hours.
- There are 50 Questions each from the topics:- (i) General Intelligence & Reasoning (ii) English Language (iii) Quantitative Aptitude (iv) General Awareness. Every Question is of 1 Mark.
- Each part is of equal importance so candidates have to focus on each & every part of this exam.
- It should be noted by candidates is that there is Negative Marking of 0.25 Marks in this Exam. So plan for exam is according to the pattern & syllabus of SSC.
General Intelligence & Reasoning:- General Intelligence & Reasoning part is key factor in deciding Marks of candidates in exam.
- This section is very scoring so candidates needs to focus more on this part.
- Reasoning questions are less time taking than Aptitude questions in SSC exams.
- This section needs concentration. With proper guidance & ample practicing candidates can get full marks.
- This part play a crucial role in deciding merit of candidates. Marks of candidates also depends on this section. So SSC Aspirants ! Make General Intelligence & Reasoning your main weapon in the exam for crack SSC exam & Score more marks.
Topics to focus more:- Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Semantic Classification,Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/Number Classification, Semantic Series, Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Mirror Image, Water Images, Number Series, Coding and de-coding, Problem Solving.
English Language:- Another important & scoring part of SSC exam is General English.
- In this section candidates needs to focus more on selected scoring topics like Errors, Miss Spelt Words, One Word Substitution, Comprehension, Cloze Test.
- Don’t spend more time to mug up Antonym & Synonyms.
- It is often seen that candidates seems this part tough & less scoring. But this part is easy to score & less time taking.
- In this part on mere focusing on 5 or 6 sections candidates can easily score good marks.
- Candidates are advised to don’t leave English part less prepared as it is very useful in scoring marks in written exam.
Topics to focus more:- Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Spellings/ Detecting, Mis-spelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One word substitution,Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage, Active Passive Voice.
Quantitative Aptitude:- Aptitude is the section which play final role in the marks & Merit List of candidates. Candidates who scores in this section have fare chances to score beyond 130 marks out of 200.
- Candidates needs to save time in the written exam for solve this section. Candidates are advised to save time from Reasoning, English & General Awareness as this part takes more time to solve the problems.
- To answer this part candidates needs to practice more on selected topics.
- Candidates set your target to No. of questions to be solve with giving proper attention to all other sections because it is not practically possible to solve all 50 Questions in the 2 hours time. Topic oriented scheme is useful for problem solving.
- Candidates are advised to not solve time taking questions. The habit of recognize nature of question by mere seeing it can come only after practicing more & more Questions.
Topics to focus more:- Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss,Time and distance, Time and work, Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart.
General Awareness:- This is the section which is always in region of uncertainty. In this section paper section SSC have liberty to choose any topic & ask ant type of questions related to topics because General Awareness covered vast syllabus.
- In recent time SSC ask number of questions from General Science section. so candidates can focus more study of General Science.
- Candidates can cover syllabus according to their strength as in this sections questions are to be ask from History, Geography, Polity, Economy, Current Affairs.
- In SSC exams candidates can have relaxation on topics related to Current Affairs because in this exam less questions are to asked from Current Affairs.
- Candidates are advised to select questions on which you have full confidence. Wrong Answers weaken your chances of scoring more marks in the Tier-I exam.
Candidate must go through the above mentioned exam pattern and sylllabus in order to prepare well for the exam.